Urodynamics Products

Receive updates and information on products and procedures, special offers and news. Sign up to our newsletter.

Keep me up to date

Submit

Urodynamic Catheters - Double Lumen Cystometry

Product Information - Urodynamic Catheters - Double Lumen Cystometry

Mediplus double lumen Urodynamic Catheters enable ease of patient catheterisation and simultaneous bladder filling and pressure measurement.

These catheters feature asymmetric lumens where the filling lumen is larger than the pressure measuring lumen. The design is such that only 30% of the lumen cross-sectional area is devoted to cystometry measurement, with the remaining 70% dedicated to filling. This facilitates an adequate bladder filling rate from a smaller French size catheter (maximum fill rate of over 100 ml/minute on Ch.8 and Ch.10 sizes), with a catheter diameter smaller than would otherwise be needed. This aids pressure measurement during the voiding phase of the procedure, and provides greater convenience and patient comfort.

 

Double Lumen Cystometry Catheter


Extension lines of sufficient length to reach from the patient to the urodynamics machine are integrated into the catheter during manufacture.  This eliminates the need to buy separate extension lines.  More importantly, it reduces the number of connections in the fluid system (each unnecessary connection is a possible site for micro air bubbles to form and affect the accuracy of pressure measurement).

Winged luers are fitted to aid connection to and release from the pump tubing or other accessories.

 Suprapubic cystometry catheter set also available in Ch.6 and Ch.8. 

For greater user convenience we also offer Cystometry Sets comprising bladder pressure and filling catheters or bladder filling, pressure and rectal catheters in one pack.

These products are supplied sterile.

The Urodynamics Circuit


Many different configurations of urodynamics "circuit" are used throughout the world. This illustration shows a typical UK/European configuration but whatever your requirements, Mediplus can supply all the components to suit your needs.

Urodynamics Circuit

5702 - Cystometry Catheter   5716 - Cystometry Catheter   5736 - Cystometry Catheter (standard)

Code Description      Pack Quantity

Double Lumen Cystometry

(Medical grade PVC - suitable for patients with latex hypersensitivity)
    Size Filling Line Pressure Line Multi Lumen Length  
5716 Cystometry Catheter 6 Fr./Ch. 15cm 130cm 65cm 10
5717 Cystometry Catheter, short 6 Fr./Ch. 15cm 130cm 20cm 10
5736 Cystometry Catheter, standard 6 Fr./Ch. 7cm 7cm 30cm 10
5702 Cystometry Catheter 8 Fr./Ch. 15cm 130cm 65cm 10
5703 Cystometry Catheter 8 Fr./Ch. 15cm 130cm 30cm 10
5732 Cystometry Catheter 8 Fr./Ch. 7cm 7cm 30cm 10
5712 Cystometry Catheter 10 Fr./Ch. 15cm 130cm 65cm 10
Product Navigation