Receive updates and information on products and procedures, special offers and news. Sign up to our newsletter.
To stay updated with news, product introductions/updates, clinical information, and exhibitions that we will be attending:
Mediplus has two clinical divisions – Pelvic Floor and Critical Care.
The Pelvic Floor division promotes Urology, Urodynamic, Gynaecology, Male Impotence and Gastroenterology products. These include:
- Mediplus' New All Silicone Shelf Pessary the POPYTM. A conservative, cost effective solution for 2nd/3rd degree prolapse or procidentia.
- Urology products, such as, S-CathTM an innovative method of Inserting Catheters Suprapubically that is proven to be safer, faster and dramatically more cost effective than other Urinary Catheters on the market, Foley Catheters, for both adult and Paediatric Urology.
- Urodynamic catheters and equipment such as Uroflow to assist in the diagnosis of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms such as Bladder Incontinence, Urge Incontinence and Stress Urinary Incontinence. A novel, Non-invasive Urodynamic device "The Penile Cuff Test" for the diagnosis of Bladder Outlet Obstruction (BOO). These tests are often carried out as a precursor to Incontinence Surgery or, for male patients, Transurethral Resection of the Prostate surgery (TURP).
- For a more conservative management of female patients, Mediplus offers the Milex range of Pessaries for pelvic Organ Prolapse, vaginal and rectal prolapse and as an additional Incontinence Treatment which often avoids the need for Incontinence Surgery.
- Non-invasive management of Impotence and Peyronie's Disease utilizing the Osbon ErecAid. The Osbon ErecAid is a Vacuum Therapy System that is proven to be highly effective in the management of Male Impotence and has also been proven as a Peyronie's Treatment option avoiding the need for a Surgical Operation.
- Gastroenterology products for the identification of gastric disorders and Digestive Motility Diseases and Disorders such as Achalasia, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and ano-rectal problems.
- Development of an innovative skincare cream – AlokuiTM. With its 100% natural ingredients, AlokuiTMhas been formulated to help patients suffering with damaged skin
The Critical Care Division promotes Anaesthetic, ligating clips and general Theatre products. These include:
- TIVA Combination Sets, Increasing Safety in Anaesthesia, Reducing cost and Risk, Saving time and promoting better infection control.
- Anaesthetic sets, commonly known as Total Intravenous Anaesthesia (TIVA) sets, plus a range of peripheral IV connectors. The Mediplus TIVA sets are considered Gold Standard by clinicians through Europe.
- Introduction of a Rectus Sheath Catheter Set for post-operative pain management after abdominal surgery in line with Enhanced Recovery Guidelines
- A range dedicated Oxygen Masks and nasal cannulae sampling lines for use in Capnography.
- Ligation products including SLS Ligating clips, manufactured by Vitalitac and silicone Mediloops for temporary ligation.
- Specialist Infusion Tubing and Arthroscopy Surgical Sets.
Increasing Efficiency in Anaesthesia
Mediplus has worked closely with anaethetists to create an innovative range of products for efficient delivery of drugs during surgical procedures. With clinicians Mediplus has redesigned our Coventry Connector adopting features from our Gold Standard TIVA sets.
New Silicone Shelf Pessary: POPYTM
Working together with clinicians and patients Mediplus has developed the worlds first silicone shelf pessary. With feedback from both clinical staff and patients, we are able to offer the user a pessary that is anatomically shaped, easier for clinicians to insert and remove, and is made from silicone to provide comfort and support for the patient and pelvic organ prolapse.
Increasing safety in anaesthesia
Working closely with anaesthetists, yet another innovation for the safe delivery of anaesthesia is launched.
When patients move from theatres into recovery, the current practice requires the IV connector to be discarded in favour of a needle-freeconnector. The new TIVA Combination Set features a detachable Siamese infusion line combined with a needle-free IV connector. This meansonly the TIVA set is discarded leaving the IV connector in place. Reducing cost and risk.
Saving time and helping infection control.
Enhanced Recovery with Rectus Sheath Catheter
Epidurals have been used for many years to help facilitate post-operative pain management but the complications and management issues are well known.
Evidence shows that using the Rectus Sheath Catheter Set (RSC) for post-operative pain management can help facilitate early mobilisation and subsequent release from hospital for patients undergoing a midline abdominal incision.
See Mediplus products at the following venues in 2016:
Monday 25th - Thursday 28th January 2016 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre
EAU Congress - Stand G26
Friday 11th - Tuesday 1th March 2016 at ICM The International Congress Centre, Munich
UKCS - Stand B12
Wednesday 13th - Friday 15th April 2016 at The Titanic Conference Centre, Belfast
AUA - Booth 3702
Friday 6th - Tuesday 10th May 2016 at The San Diego Convention Centre, San Diego, USA
Obstetric Anaesthesia Association 2016
Thursday 19th - Friday 20th May 2016 at The Manchester Central Convention Complex
ACA - Stand 27
Monday 23rd - Tuesday 24th May 2016 at The Edinburgh International Conference Centre (EICC)
Saturday 28th - Monday 30th May 2016 at The ExCel , London
A One Day Update in Gynaecology
Friday 1st July 2016 at Nottingham University, Sutton Bonnington Campus
The 4th Global Peripheral Cancer Care Conference
Wednesday 23rd - Friday 25th November 2016 at The Royal Horseguards Hotel, Whitehall, London
For more information on these events and exhibitions Mediplus will be attending please contact head office on 01494 551200. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org