Receive updates and information on products and procedures, special offers and news. Sign up to our newsletter.
To stay updated with news, product introductions/updates, clinical information, and exhibitions that we will be attending:
Mediplus has two clinical divisions – Pelvic Floor and Critical Care.
The Pelvic Floor division promotes Urology, Urodynamic, Gynaecology, Male Impotence and Gastroenterology products. These include:
- Mediplus' New All Silicone Shelf Pessary the POPYTM. A conservative, cost effective solution for 2nd/3rd degree prolapse or procidentia.
- Urology products, such as, S-CathTM an innovative method of Inserting Catheters Suprapubically that is proven to be safer, faster and more dramatically more cost effective than other Urinary Catheters on the market. Foley Catheters, for both adult and Paediatric Urology. Significantly,
- Urodynamic catheters and equipment such as Uroflow to assist in the diagnosis of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms such as Bladder Incontinence, Urge Incontinence and Stress Urinary Incontinence. A novel, Non-invasive Urodynamic device "The Penile Cuff Test" for the diagnosis of Bladder Outlet Obstruction (BOO). These tests are often carried out as a precursor to Incontinence Surgery or, for male patients, Transurethral Resection of the Prostate surgery (TURP).
- For a more conservative management of female patients, Mediplus offers the Milex range of Pessaries for pelvic Organ Prolapse, vaginal and rectal prolapse and as an additional Incontinence Treatment which often avoids the need for Incontinence Surgery.
- Non-invasive management of Impotence and Peyronie's Disease utilizing the Osbon ErecAid. The Osbon ErecAid is a Vacuum Therapy System that is proven to be highly effective in the management of Male Impotence and has also been proven as a Peyronie's Treatment option avoiding the need for a Surgical Operation.
- Gastroenterology products for the identification of gastric disorders and Digestive Motility Diseases and Disorders such as Achalasia, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and ano-rectal problems.
- Development of an innovative skincare cream – AlokuiTM. With its 100% natural ingredients, AlokuiTMhas been formulated to help patients suffering with damaged skin
The Critical Care Division promotes Anaesthetic, ligating clips and general Theatre products. These include:
- TIVA Combination Sets, Increasing Safety in Anaesthesia, Reducing cost and Risk, Saving time and promoting better infection control.
- Anaesthetic sets, commonly known as Total Intravenous Anaesthesia (TIVA) sets, plus a range of peripheral IV connectors. The Mediplus TIVA sets are considered Gold Standard by clinicians through Europe.
- Introduction of a Rectus Sheath Catheter Set for post-operative pain management after abdominal surgery in line with Enhanced Recovery Guidelines
- A range dedicated Oxygen Masks and nasal cannulae sampling lines for use in Capnography.
- Ligation products including SLS Ligating clips, manufactured by Vitalitac and silicone Mediloops for temporary ligation.
- Specialist Infusion Tubing and Arthroscopy Surgical Sets.
New Silicone Shelf Pessary: POPYTM
Working together with clinicians and patients Mediplus has developed the worlds first silicone shelf pessary. With feedback from both clinical staff and patients, we are able to offer the user a pessary that is anatomically shaped, easier for clinicians to insert and remove, and is made from silicone to provide comfort and support for the patient and pelvic organ prolapse.
Increasing safety in anaesthesia
Working closely with anaesthetists, yet another innovation for the safe delivery of anaesthesia is launched.
When patients move from theatres into recovery, the current practice requires the IV connector to be discarded in favour of a needle-freeconnector. The new TIVA Combination Set features a detachable Siamese infusion line combined with a needle-free IV connector. This meansonly the TIVA set is discarded leaving the IV connector in place. Reducing cost and risk.
Saving time and helping infection control.
Enhanced Recovery with Rectus Sheath Catheter
Epidurals have been used for many years to help facilitate post-operative pain management but the complications and management issues are well known.
Evidence shows that using the Rectus Sheath Catheter Set (RSC) for post-operative pain management can help facilitate early mobilisation and subsequent release from hospital for patients undergoing a midline abdominal incision.
See Mediplus products at the following venues in 2015:
The West of Scotland Anaesthetic Postgraduate Study Day
Thursday 27th August at The Kelvin Conference Centre, Glasgow
Leicester Pessary Talk
Tuesday 1st September at Leicester General Hospital, Leicester
Nottingham Localised Prostate Cancer Study Day
9th September at The Nottingham Conference Centre, Nottingham
East Midlands Urology
23rd September at Kilworth House Hotel, North Kilworth, Leicestershire
Wednesday 25th - Thursday 26th September at Centre of Life Conference Centre, Newcastle
Tuesday 29th - Wednesday 30th September at The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
South West Obstetrical and Gynaecological Society Meeting
Friday 2nd October at Alexandra House, Swindon
Mediplus Pessary Study Day Scotland
Fridat 9th October at The Best Wester Lovet Hotel, Perth
British Association of Indian Anaesthetists
Friday 9th - Saturday 10th October at The Hilton Hotel and Conference Centre, Warwick
Society of Anaesthetics of Wales (SAW)
Thursday 22nd - Friday 23rd October at The Metropole Hotel , Llandridod Wells
Obstetric Anaesthesia Association
Monday 2nd - Wednesday 4th November at The Church House Conference Centre, London
East of England Urology Meeting
Thursday 5th November at The Hometon College Conference Centre, Cambridge
North West Obstetric and Gynaecological Consultant Association Annual Meeting
Thursay 12th - Friday 13th November at The Swan Hotel, Cumbria
UK SIVA 2015
Thursday 26th - Friday 27th November at The Civic Centre, Newcastle
Mediplus Pessary Study Day Manchester
Friday 27th November at The National Cycling Centre, Manchester
Regional Primary Care Study Day & Medical Exhibition - Womens Health
Wednesday 16th December at The Marton Hotel and Country Club, Middlesbrough
For more information on these events and exhibitions Mediplus will be attending please contact head office on 01494 551200. Alternatively email email@example.com