Receive updates and information on products and procedures, special offers and news. Sign up to our newsletter.
To stay updated with news, product introductions/updates, clinical information, and exhibitions that we will be attending:
Mediplus has two clinical divisions – Pelvic Floor and Critical Care.
The Pelvic Floor division promotes Urology, Urodynamic, Gynaecology, Male Impotence and Gastroenterology products. These include:
- Urology products, such as, S-CathTM an innovative method of Inserting Catheters Suprapubically that is proven to be safer, faster and more dramatically more cost effective than other Urinary Catheters on the market. Foley Catheters, for both adult and Paediatric Urology. Significantly,
- Urodynamic catheters and equipment such as Uroflow to assist in the diagnosis of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms such as Bladder Incontinence, Urge Incontinence and Stress Urinary Incontinence. A novel, Non-invasive Urodynamic device "The Penile Cuff Test" for the diagnosis of Bladder Outlet Obstruction (BOO). These tests are often carried out as a precursor to Incontinence Surgery or, for male patients, Transurethral Resection of the Prostate surgery (TURP).
- For a more conservative management of female patients, Mediplus offers the Milex range of Pessaries for pelvic Organ Prolapse, vaginal and rectal prolapse and as an additional Incontinence Treatment which often avoids the need for Incontinence Surgery.
- Non-invasive management of Impotence and Peyronie's Disease utilizing the Osbon ErecAid. The Osbon ErecAid is a Vacuum Therapy System that is proven to be highly effective in the management of Male Impotence and has also been proven as a Peyronie's Treatment option avoiding the need for a Surgical Operation.
- Gastroenterology products for the identification of gastric disorders and Digestive Motility Diseases and Disorders such as Achalasia, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and ano-rectal problems.
- Development of an innovative skincare cream – AlokuiTM. With its 100% natural ingredients, AlokuiTMhas been formulated to help patients suffering with damaged skin
The Critical Care Division promotes Anaesthetic, ligating clips and general Theatre products. These include:
- Anaesthetic sets, commonly known as Total Intravenous Anaesthesia (TIVA) sets, plus a range of peripheral IV connectors. The Mediplus TIVA sets are considered Gold Standard by clinicians through Europe.
- Introduction of a Rectus Sheath Catheter Set for post-operative pain management after abdominal surgery in line with Enhanced Recovery Guidelines
- A range dedicated Oxygen Masks and nasal cannulae sampling lines for use in Capnography.
- Ligation products including SLS Ligating clips, manufactured by Vitalitac and silicone Mediloops for temporary ligation.
- Specialist Infusion Tubing and Arthroscopy Surgical Sets.
Increasing safety in anaesthesia
Working closely with anaesthetists, yet another innovation for the safe delivery of anaesthesia is launched.
When patients move from theatres into recovery, the current practice requires the IV connector to be discarded in favour of a needle-freeconnector. The new TIVA Combination Set features a detachable Siamese infusion line combined with a needle-free IV connector. This meansonly the TIVA set is discarded leaving the IV connector in place. Reducing cost and risk.
Saving time and helping infection control.
Enhanced Recovery with Rectus Sheath Catheter
Epidurals have been used for many years to help facilitate post-operative pain management but the complications and management issues are well known.
Evidence shows that using the Rectus Sheath Catheter Set (RSC) for post-operative pain management can help facilitate early mobilisation and subsequent release from hospital for patients undergoing a midline abdominal incision.
See Mediplus products at the following venues in 2015:
AUA - May 15th 19th 2015
Ernest N. Morial Convention Centre - Stand 1559
New Orleans, LA, USA.
Mediplus Pessary Study Day - High Wycombe Thursday 21st May 2015
Bucks New University
Contact us: email@example.com or 01494 551200
BAUS 2015 Annual Scientific Meeting - Manchester - 15th - 18th June 2015
Manchester Central Convention Complex
TCI and BIS Practicum - The Royal Marsden - 26th June
The Royal marsden Educational and Conference Centre, London